Saturday, June 2, 2007

I, I Got To Be Your Friend Now, Baby!

Saturday Night Video Music Pick, episode 7

Peter Murphy, Cuts You Up



The Wildcat Blog apologizes for its lack of content lately. Whether it be from lack of creative juices flowing or just taking a momentary break or just a little of both, I assure you every Saturday night I will at least keep this feature coming strong on this blog until August or so when news and excitement begin to kick full force again. I am working on something spectacular I will be adding to this blog, and hopefully within a few weeks I'll add it to this baby of a blog and hopefully you, my readers, will enjoy it for what it is and support my efforts. That's all I can say now because I still have lots of work to do with it, but I'm gonna have fun with it and hopefully you too will also. With that said, it's Saturday night and it's time to lay down the best posts among the UK Blogosphere. Again this is highly subjective, so don't feel sad if I left you or someone you know out of tonight's list. N_E_hoot, here are the cool posts …

I'm still a little pissed off that Matt Jones and KSR have stopped posting the individual radio clips of their exclusive interviews with players/coaches and whomever, but I can't honestly be mad because they don't have to do it. All I'm saying is that I enjoyed sitting down and listening to the parts of their show I want to hear and then writing about it, but um, oh well. The guys still rock though.

Let's take a look at what the kids at KSR gave us, a cool pick of Bobby Perry, Patrick Patterson, and Jai Lucas in a group photo.

Talk about a flashback, Matt Jones not only gives us an incident of Dickie V eating his words concerning Billy D and Florida, but the pic of Vitale is freakin' priceless. Comedy like this is genius even if it was on accident.

AOL's Fanhouse makes the list this week, courtesy of Gator Boi Ryan Ferguson. He purpsosely (I hope) misconstrues a story about an ex KGB spy stating that the UK tried to recruit him. Yes, I know, not the kind of sense of humor you'd like to read concerning the University of Kentucky … which is not the United Kingdom, no? I would've posted a comment but decided it wasn't worth it getting my pants in bundle over with. I'm sure you'll agree, however I'm not sure but it all just might be a compliment to Billy Gillispie's popularity already in Lexington.

Hey ArchRivals has not so bad expectations for the 07-08 Kentucky Wildcats. Second place in the SEC East, SEC Championship appearance, 7th seed in the NCAAs and second round exit thereof after going 23-11 in the regular season. I'll take that. Honestly, that would be one heck of a season for us - way above my own expectations.

Go Big Blue Cats gave us a Humpty Hump of news, UK recruit DeAndre Liggins will be out about six weeks after breaking his foot in the Bob Gibbons Tournament in North Carolina. Yo, bummer. Here's for a speedy rehab for the kid.

Go Big Blue Cats also thanks us for linking to him last week, which we gladly say “You're Welcome”. Nice blog my friend.

Fire Billy's The Fake Gimel Martinez crosses paths with Jared Carter who then hops into a white Ford Bronco. Now who do you think of when you hear ‘white Ford Bronco’? The Fake Gimel Martinez knows who.

The Sports Guys has an excellent piece of writing on the difference between Florida and Kentucky. Great work Matt.

A Sea of Blue did their thing this week covering the Billy D situation in Florida with a much enjoyed poke of humor toward Billy Boop, here and here. Check out the pick of Billy Boop. Suh-weeeet. LoLz.

And according to Fox's Jeff Goodman, Jai Lucas and Florida had an agreement that if Billy D left for the NBA he'd be left out of his LOI which makes you wonder if Billy D had told him Lucas that, exactly how determined was Billy D to land an NBA job after earning back to back college titles because notice they say out of his LOI. Once he starts playing and Billy D had then left any time afterwards, LOI has nothing to do with it I don't believe. Then you're talking about transferring, so I think Billy D was probably flirting with many ideas before the Magic came a calling.

Wildcats Thunder's posted their Co-Game of the week, UK and IU, 1975.

Did Mitch see Billy D pursuing the NBA and had Gillispie lined up before Donovan declined the UK job? Interesting take by WT's Bigbluemist.

Hey you want a nice run down of Kentucky's 08 signing class? WT's Messenger has the goods. Literally posted like an hour ago. Good stuff.

Well that's it for tonight. Next week I'm hoping for a better week here in terms of content. Thanks to everyone who's voting in my poll at the top left of the blog. Lana Pohl is HOT, HOT, HOT, Yo! Yes I was the first to vote. :). Enjoy the next vid.



More Sat Nite Vids from TWB

INXS, Beautiful Girl
Mister Mister, Kyrie

Enjoy your Saturday Night.

LIVEBLUE

2 comments:

The Fake Gimel Martinez said...

You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to dress up for Halloween as Pete Burns, particularly the outfit with the eyepatch. I remember seeing that on MTV and pulling a Butthead-esk, "Uh-huhuh, what the hell?"

Anonymous said...

LOL. Um, you know the guy actually had a sex change from what I understand. He was on some European reality show I think if I remember correctly and he looked like someone blew up his lips like a balloon. LoL.

I'm thinkin of dressin up as Rick Pitino and seein how many kicks in the a** I'll get in 3 hours time.