Monday, January 15, 2007

Post Game Quatrains: Miss St.

(It's been a really crappy 24+ hours for me and I was going to post this up yesterday, so here it is and hopefully there will be more to come like this - this season. I'll try and get my game recap and thoughts later up this evening, but for now enjoy my post game quatrain, it's better than a late night binge at Krystals, or White Castle for some of you Big Blue faithful.)

[1.13.07 Mississippi State vs Kentucky]

State came into Rupp and didn't shoot that high
But thirty-nine percent was almost enough to make fans cry
Gordon's presence put pressure on the Cats to keep up
But his six turnovers proved to be the Bulldogs worst flub

With twenty-three thousand of my closest friends in sight
Morris stuffed Flash Gordon for the game clinching night
Bradley made his free throws down the game winning stretch
And the Bulldogs were left sniffing with nothing left to fetch

No comments: