Saturday, January 6, 2007

Yay, It's SEC Play!

I've never wanted to dance more in my life than I do right now.

I forgot, Kentucky opens up SEC play tonight (We'll see if they show the game tonight in my region) against Ole Miss on the road tonight. I'm hoping for a dominant blowout victory while I put these girls ahead of Ashley Judd on my hottest UK fans list.

Sorry Ashley. Enjoy the game, I know I probably won't be able to see it since the Gators seem to invade the regional satellites like a really bad chapter out of Men In Black. Hey, there's the last piece of the trilogy. I'll pitch it to Jay Leno some day.

Tubby seems to have split the season into Part 1 and 2, Part 2 obviously being conference play, and he lays it on the line saying the goal is to win the SEC but needing Perry and Crawford to play better than they have.

“Our goal is to win the SEC. I think our schedule has given us the opportunity to see a lot of different styles of play. Hopefully it will prepare us for all of the different styles we’ll see in the SEC this year. We’re trying to get guys to become more efficient. We need to get better play out of Bobby (Perry) and Joe (Crawford). Those guys have been through the wars a few years and understand it. We’re trying to get our freshmen to appreciate it, especially Derrick (Jasper) and Jodie (Meeks). The environment and atmosphere is going to be pretty hostile and you have to deal with all types of adversities and remain focused and poised.”

I'm not sure if that's begging Bobby Perry to pull out of his slump or not but that's got to put even more pressure on the senior as they warm up for Ole Miss tonight. Of course playing in the SEC this year is going to help by the time Florida rolls around, which isn't going to be a picnic at all.

· Game Notes

No comments: