Saturday, March 10, 2007

Kentucky, You're Breakin' My Heart

Yeah, I know I've been away for awhile and haven't updated this beautiful blog [insert sarcasm]. Things have been rough and it looks like now that this baby will be updated on a weekly basis more so than daily. [Sigh], but I've been keeping up with Kentucky since I last posted here, and let me say somethin' to the Kentucky faithful, Kentucky is breakin' mah heart dearly.

I've been trying to keep up-to-date like I usually do around the best of the best Kentucky blogs out there, mostly at A Sea of Blue who always has among the elite of Kentucky commentary. While being ill, a lot of things have happened to the Wildcats that I've been dying to post about but honestly, the up and down pre-mature “success” that even I am guilty of spewing from the mouth about has caused my passion to write to become dust on top of the TV where the only thing that does make me happy is the fact that I don't have a DVR and the ability to drive myself insane over Kentucky's lack of consistency.

Honestly, this has got to be one of the worst Kentucky teams ever, and I have no credible inclination that would lead me to believe that Kentucky will reach the Sweet 16. Capable? Sure. Will they. I don't think so. It hurts to see Kentucky struggle. Come ON Kentucky, we beat Miss. St. earlier. Good teams don't find ways to lose. I know were better.

When you don't dominate conference home games, at the least, then you don't deserve much than maybe an ice pack in that new 30 million dollar practice facility.

Maybe this year's team should be nicknamed the ComeFlat Cats.

Don't get me wrong though, I love these kids on this team. And I'll save myself time writing about each player, but I'll just say that I feel the talent on this team is great enough to be among the Top 10 but together they just haven't brought it all in big key games they've had to win to either prove something or keep their momentum, and it sucks as a fan to watch it and read it.

A lot grief has been made about Tubby Smith. Although I agree Tubby Smith should bear some criticism, calling for his job is premature and ignorant. Tubby Smith is a proven winner, and what he does for his community is nothing short of honorable. Yeah, maybe his charity work and the time he puts forth off the court in the community may not bring a national championship to Lexington, it does however instill character to his kids and those watching them. I don't doubt for a second, and never will, the value of having Tubby Smith at Kentucky. The game is important, and I'm with EVERYONE who's upset this year, heck, I'm not exactly thrilled at the average to below average play Kentucky has shown the past 3 straight years, but Tubby's success without winning a national championship isn't really all that bad if you look at his numbers. He has won a lot of games, and I don't think I've ever seen or heard Tubby Smith disinterested in the state of Kentucky hoops, so lets not get out of line and rush to judgement huh? Florida may have a nasty streak on us, but like every team in the nation, the Gators over in Gainseville are about to have a fall from grace so to speak possibly starting next year, and they'll be experiencing the hardships Kentucky has, and that's going to be a real test for Billy Donovan - can he do it again with different kids? Remember, Patience is a virtue, so don't be so hard on Tubby.

Speaking of Billy, I've been reading and hearing about his name being a possible replacement for Tubby Smith. That's just out of this world crazy. IT'S CRAZY.

So I guess being pissed off at Rick Pitino for going to L'ville has no justification whatsoever since some fans like the idea of Donovan coaching here? What? Personally I don't want him here - I don't care how good he is. Aside from L'ville, Florida is #2 in terms of dislike [hate is such a bad word]. You think I would welcome Billy Donovan to Lexington when I'm sitting here and I still to this day get pissed off about Pitino moving to Louisville? That would make some of us who were upset that Pitino left for L'ville just like the fans of L'ville who accepted him! And other than Pitino leaving for L'ville, I do respect him as a coach. WAKE UP, that Cardinals team that sucked it up early this season is eyeing a probable Sweet 16 and possible Elite 8 at the very least! And if Billy Donovan came to Lexington, what would that make some of us who might criticise Gator fans for being pissed off their coach had come here? Huh? Hypocrites maybe?! So I don't want Donovan here, I don't care for him, I don't want to hear he bought a house out in Versailles. Let him live in Sunshine. He's a good coach, but he hasn't exactly built Florida into what Kentucky IS.

And Tubby? Let him be. His value to Kentucky is more than you realize.

Patience is a virtue.

No comments: