Friday, November 17, 2006

College Football Highlight: WV/Pitt

Photo from ncaasports.com

I'm flipping back and forth between ESPN channels trying to catch both this game and the hoops matchup between St. Johns and Maryland, which unranked Maryland dropped like 50 somethin on St J's in the first half. Normally, with my luck, both ESPN channels synchronize their commerical timeouts and I'm left flipping to Animal Planet or one of the 4 network channels, but last night I received a treat from ESPN. As the hoops game on ESPN2 went to commercial I was just in time to catch this unbelievable punt return by Pitt last night.

There are a few things to mention about this punt return though beginning with the side-stepped punt (or rugby punt I guess). Then Revis (PR'r) really didn't know where to go and acted as if he was gonna give up on the return; then he jets for the corner turn and watch for #81 around the 19 yardline - Tom Jackson would be proud. This block is better than any I've seen in Tom Jackson's ‘Jacked Up’ segment Monday nights this season. Not only does Revis get to the endzone but he dodges a few sideline tackles capping it with what I call a ‘Madden’ spin you only really see alot of in video games. It's worthy of an instant ESPY Award. Pittsburgh lost the game 45-27 after being shutout the second half 21-0.

Punt Return of the Year – * look for the #81 block at a round the 11-12 sec mark.

No comments: