Monday, November 20, 2006

Game Blog Nominees: Week 1 Miami (Oh), Miss Valley St


( Give me a G, give me an A, give me an M … wait-wait. It's just Game Blog Nominees. Can we just do the Riverdance like Chad Johnson does? )

Here are my Game Blog (tugs ear: kinda sounds like 'game ball') nominees after week 1. What makes this hard is that I only pick one performance from each game, and as in the case this week, I don't get to watch all the games on Kentucky's sched besides what scheduled to air on tv regionally or nationally, so in that aspect, it's hard to really gauge all-around performances based soley on the stats and from what's already been written. So as I hand these out week to week, keep in mind I only intend this feature to be in good recreational fun and team spirit. My credentials, or lack thereof, honestly don't allow me to be handing anything out. At the end of each month, I'll award one performance from the nominees I've chosen as the Wildcat Blog's Monthly Game Blog Recipient. There's no official trophy or prize, just a head's up shout out on this blog. Who knows, if things go well, I just might poll my readers to decide all of this for me, until then, here's who I've chosen ...

vs Miami (Oh)
It was hard to choose one nominee from this game. Ultimately it came down to Joe Crawford's game high 18 pts, 6 grabs, and 3 assists since they didn't really run away with this game. Sinking the basket was important. Noteable performances were Stevenson's 7 stuffs, 6 grabs, Morris' DD: 12 pts, 10 grabs, and Bradley's 12 pts, 5 assists, 35 min (6 TOs hurt him though).

vs Miss Valley St
This was fairly an easy choice for me since I love to see 3's being dropped all the time. Although Randolph Morris' 18 pts and 9 grabs gave me a moment to ponder, it was Ramel Bradley's 21 pts (5 three-point buckets), 5 assists, and 2 steal performance that got me smiling. Other noteable performances included Jodie Meeks' 13 pts in 21 min, Jasper's 7 pts, 4 assists, and 5 steals in 22 min, and Stevenson's 8 pts and 4 stuffs in 23 min of game time (he's stuffing at the rate Rondo was stealing).

The Wildcat Blog's Week 1 Nominees


Joe Crawford, G, 6-5, 211, Jr from Detroit, Mich: 5-12, 18 pts, 6 grabs, 3 ast, 36 min vs Miami (Oh)


Ramel Bradley, G, 6-2, 176, Jr from NY: 8-11 (5 threes), 21 pts, 3 grabs, 5 ast, 2 steals, 25 min vs Miss Valley St.

No comments: