Friday, November 17, 2006

Stevenson Already Has A Nick

As Kentucky gets ready to take on Miss Valley St (same school Jerry Rice attended?) tonight before heading out for the Maui Invitational, I came across the news that Perry ‘ Stuff'n It Like It's Hot ’ already has a nickname - Swat.

Not only that but I learned that Perry “ Swat ” Stevenson set the UK school record for most stuffs recorded for a player's first game after recording seven against Miami (Oh) the other night, AND, according to Stevenson, the first thing he heard from his high school coach at Lafayette Northside was that he (Stevenson) reminded him of Bill Russell, and then he began watching ESPN classic programs of Russell and other big men.

I still kinda like the nickname I gave him (Stuff'n It Like It's Hot or Stove Top), but I understand that a player can have so many nicknames to deal with, so with respect to that, the Wildcat Blog will settle with 'Swat'.

No comments: