Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Final Day In Maui: Kentucky Hung With UCLA



Although Kentucky lost to UCLA last night 68-73, the freshmen played well, specifically one certain freshman, and it was Kentucky's poise that helped them stay in the game but UCLA's D that won it for the Bruins.

A One-Minute Live Blog

Kentucky right now is hanging with 11 ranked Memphis in the third-place game 43-40 with about 40 secs left in the first half right now on ESPN2. We'll see how this one shapes out, but I'm impressed by UK's freshmen's ability to contribute with instant chemistry.

Memphis vs Kentucky Game Notes.

Tomorrow or Friday I'll post my recap and thoughts of Kentucky's 3-day Maui trip along with some other things I have brewing including Game Blog Nominees. Let's just say one of UCLA's kids reminded me of something last night and it didn't take me long to figure out what it was.

How bad will it be for Memphis if they lose to two lower ranked teams on consecutive days than it would Kentucky though against significantly higher ranked teams. This might be a buzzer-beater; Memphis might be playing right now to prevent dropping to the bottom of the polls next week.

No comments: