Thursday, December 21, 2006

Rondo Talks!

At least for me, I'm probably the only Kentucky fan that hasn't seen or heard Rajon Rondo talk, but thanks to YouTube and this excellent interview clip after a preseason game I get hear the kid I've labeled the Magician since his freshman year at Kentucky speak for the first time which is much different than reading his comments online while he was playing at Kentucky.
The fans of Boston seem to love this kid, and why wouldn't they? Though I haven't been a huge fan of the NBA until recently (after last year's playoffs) and used to follow the Lakers religiously, even I am beginning to switch favor and become dedicated to cheering on the Celtics I love this kid so much. From the comments at YouTube, I see a few Celtic fans calling for ROTY. He steals, he dunks, has great awareness, and as you can see with the following clip, Rondo's been magically delicious just like this since his freshman year at Kentucky.



So ROTY is a pretty high honor, plus it's early in the season, but I decided to take a look at where Rondo stands right now. With Boston, he's 10th in scoring, 8th in rebounding, 1st in steals, and 4th in assists.

Among the rookies, Rondo ranks 25th in pts, 29th FG%, 13th in minutes, and 15th in Pts+Reb+Ast.

Then his bread n butter which is magically stealing the ball dishin' it off, he ranks 5th in AP48M, 11th AST/TO, 3rd in steals, 5th in STP48M, and 16th ST/TO.

Now I haven't caught a game of his yet this season, but those aren't bad numbers, but they aren't worthy numbers either for ROTY. However, the season is early too for Rondo and who knows how the voting will go, but he does seem to have found a comfortable spot in Boston for sure.

Show 'em what you're made of Rondo!

No comments: