Monday, August 27, 2007

Blog Interview: Chris Diggs

Chris Diggs heads up the Courier-Journal UK Fan Blog, and I am most pleased to have this guy participate in my efforts to get UK Bloggers to answer my 10 question interview. Here's how Chris Diggs answered my questions, and Chris, thanks a bunch!

1) Why did you get started with your blog/forum covering UK and has it been everything you'd hope it to be?

“I got started writing the blog when someone told me The Courier-Journal was looking for a blogger. I contacted them, got the specifics, and began writing . So far, it has been great. I love interacting with people and seeing both the praise and criticism people give me for things I write. Where else can I write and have people from all over the country read and email me.”

2) What's your home-state and how did you become a UK fan?

“I was born in Louisville, moved around a bit, came back and then left again. Six years ago, I moved back to the area. I guess the best way to answer this is to just say it was sort of a birthright. It was just one of the things you were at birth in my family. I may have been put up for adoption if I would have chose to wear the red and black.”

3) What are your expectations going into the 07-08 football and basketball campaigns this season? Care to give predictions?

“I have very high expectations for the 2007 football program. I wrote in my blog the other day that I could see the Cats going 8-4 this year. Of course, I am horrible at predictions and they could go 4-8, but this is the first real SEC team we have had in years.

As for basketball, I have no idea. I think it will be a fun brand of basketball. I see them in the mold of the Golden State Warriors from last season. They did not have a dominant big man but ran teams to death. I think Kentucky can have a surprising season if Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford can successfully lead. They are the heart of this team and they must step up to the challenge. I can see Kentucky around the number three spot in the SEC East with Tennessee winning the division.”

4) Like I just had a dream where Rajon Rondo refused to give me his autograph after I coached one of his practices ... any weird and wacky dreams involving UK you care to admit to?

“Not really, but I am horrible at remembering dreams.”

5) If you were to rate BCG on his recruiting and coaching efforts thus far, based on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, how would you rate his performance?

“Recruiting, I would give him a 9 just because 10 is too hard to give right now. He has gotten Kentucky's name in the mix with a ton of the top players that we were not in on before he came. His 2008 and 2009 classes will be huge in determining his success as a recruiter. As a coach, I cannot answer that. He has not even had the opportunity to be on the floor with his players yet. it will be interesting to see what kind of shape he has them in come late November.”

6) Andre Woodson is a Heisman Hopeful going into this season and everyone's expecting big things from the best QB in the SEC, however, in your opinion is there anyone else on the roster you think deserves being mentioned in Heisman conversations also?

“I think Andre' is your only Heisman candidate. With that, I think Kennan Burton could easily raise some eyebrows and be in contention with Early Doucet (LSU) for top receiver in the conference and nation.”

7) How many UK hats, t-shirts, and jerseys do you currently own?

“Hats and shirts are my thing along with shorts. I am one of those guys though that is really picky about the UK gear I buy. I stick with the Nike stuff because some of the off-brand stuff is plain ugly. As far as how many, I have a ton. I could wear UK clothing everyday if I wanted.”

8) Do enjoy playing UK on video game consoles and if so, are you currently playing? What level and how good are you? Do you think you could beat me head to head?

“I have so little time to play games but I do play with UK on NCAA 08 . I probably cannot beat you because I play so little.”

9) Favorite beverage and food item while watching UK play?

“Interestingly enough, I usually do not eat during games. I have season tickets to both football and basketball, so before football games, we tailgate with enough food for a small country, and before basketball games, we hit up Sawyer's, which is a great place across the street from Rupp. So, by the time I get to the game, I'm not hungry at all.”

10) Name one player from the football team and basketball team who you think will have a huge season in 07-08 and state why.

“Huge season from football and only one. I want to go against the common answers and pick Rafael Little. He is finally healthy and I hope ready to roll. For basketball, I think Jodie Meeks will be a star. I love this kids game. he needs to make some better decisions, but he is non-stop all of the time. he was a great get by Tubby Smith.”

Go check out Chris Diggs and see what he's saying. The Wildcat Blog would like to thank Chris for taking time to answer these questions.

LIVEBLUE

No comments: