Thursday, August 30, 2007

Football: Week 1: EKU


(Keenan Burton says this guy, Stevie Johnson, will have a breakout season.)

Ahh, the smell of pigskin and freshly cut grass. Oh what's that, yeah, chili-cheese dip.

I've changed a few things since I posted my Fantasy Picks Guidelines and here's what I changed.

· Instead of 1 pt per yard, it will be 1 pt per 25 yards for passing, rushing, and receiving. I made it simple.

· I eliminated the special teams which included predicting kickoff return TDs and blocked kicks, again making my picks very simple.

· Again, I predict what the selected players will at least accomplish in the game. If they don't reach the stats I predicted for them, then I don't earn any fantasy points for them. They must at least earn the stats I predicted for me to get the points. Then if there's any difference between the predicted and actual, that will reflect how far off I was. Hopefully I won't be too far off by the end of the season.

With that said, here are my updated fantasy picks for this week vs EKU and I'm hoping I'm close to the actual - given I don't over predict the stats.

Woodson: 250 yds, 2TDs
Little: 80 yards rushing, 35 receiving, TD
Burton: 100 yard rec., TD
Lyons: 65 rec.,
Tamme: 40 yards rec.,
K: 2 FGs
DEF: 10 pts allowed, fumble rec., int

Predicted Score: Kentucky 34 EKU 10

LINKS

· Woodyard to the Butkus Watch List
· Little Named to the Doak Walker Watch List
· Press Conference Pre-Game Quotes
· ASoB: Know your opponent: EKU

Quote of the Week

This coming from Keenan Burton this week and he was asked by UK Athletics who he thinks may have a breakout season this year. Well, um, I don't know but, he obviously practices with him so, here's who he said,

“Stevie Johnson. He does everything you need a wide receiver to do. He runs his routes well, catches the ball and works hard. He’s so talented and is one of the best athletes I’ve ever seen, and he could easily be one of the best receivers we’ve had here in a long time. If he can keep his head straight, learn the game more and continue to work hard, I think the sky’s the limit.”

Stevie Johnson it is. I'll watch for him in the slot or #2 WR Position. I'll officially name to the Wildcat Blog Game Blog Watch List. Let the Game Blog Season begin! (Polls coming soon!)

LIVEBLUE

No comments: