Friday, August 3, 2007

Let The Curse Begin

This post falls into one of those miscellaneous categories but you can't blame me for being a sports fan. Because of a slow period for Kentucky action, it has caused me a mild form of a)writers block (not funny) and b) to find something to write about. Case in point, this post. We at the Wildcat blog are sports fans and follow other teams in other sports, in fact, we love the nfl which is what this post is about. From time to time you might find our ramblings on non-kentucky items, that and trying to get rid of this writers block. With that said, let the curse begin. The Madden Curse.

Seems like everyone's favorite new QB got in a scuffle and threw a punch at his teammate. Asked about throwing a punch, Young responded with, “That's bad. That's bad. That's real bad.” That's all he's quoted with saying that's worth part of the story? That that's bad? My eight year old nephew knows better and could probably write a book on why. That's bad. Yeah, after the fact, right Vince? I don't get how these player's attitudes on the field, the bad ones we hear about constantly, have slowly become accepted behavior in what was once a highly respectable sport. Asked about the incident, head coach Jeff Fisher replied, “My preference is not to see my quarterback throwing punches with his throwing hand. Secondly, we need to avoid the stuff on the field, and hey, it happens. Everything is OK. Right?

WTH! I scratch my head, yo. I don't know about you, but my preference is having these million dollar athletes act like freaking grown adults on the field and not throw a single punch at each other, Mr. Fisher. And no, it's not OK. The moment you let your players believe this type of behavior is acceptable the more often it will occur.

I expect more incidents like this to occur in Tennessee. Not because I think Jeff Fisher allows such nonsense in his practices to go on no less, but because perhaps if your a Vince Young fan, your man is on the cover of Madden, which can't be a good thing. The curse lasts long. Just ask Michael Vick about that right now. First it's throwing punches, second is an injury maybe, third it may be some kind of legal trouble. In any case, if you're a bettor, I wouldn't be putting my money all on Tennessee anytime soon as long as Vince is there. Throwing punches is idiotic man, especially for a freakin' millionaire. The guy has no idea how lucky he is. So why did he do it anyways, he's a grown adult right? I know why. The curse. The Madden Curse.

LIVEBLUE

No comments: