Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Woodson Decided It Was His Arm, Not His Size, That Matters

Could Woodson have become a 2 sport college athlete? One thing is for sure, via amnews, Woodson decided to play QB after his high school coach threw him in to take a look.

“My high school coach got a look at my arm and tried me out there (at quarterback). Football was not even my main love. It was basketball. I was pretty good at it. But being 6-5 and having a good, strong arm, it was better to play football. The odds were better that I could make into the NFL than the NBA at that height. So I decided to just concentrate more on football and just play one sport in college.”
Of course TWB is glad he stuck it out and chose football. The kid is Heisman material this year. And besides, at 6-5, there wouldn't be much room for him on the basketball team right as it stands, but then again, anyone know what kinda talent he was with the rock? With a strong arm, at least we'd know he'd be an excellent in-bounder.

LIVEBLUE

No comments: