Friday, August 17, 2007

Little Finally Gets Some Hype

Via Wildcats Thunder, you know cuz I'm a member and most importantly a Thunder fan, comes this article on how under the radar Rafael Little is flying currently and Little himself doesn't seem to mind at all …

“It doesn't bother me at all. I wasn't coming back this year expecting all that. Now, we've got a lot of (good) guys. I like that. I never wanted to be on the covers by myself.

In fact, Mark Story points out in this article the correlation between the lack of the running game in the first six games to the 121 yd per game average the last six games and going 5-1. Not only that but Little's numbers were season highs also in terms of carries and catches during the last six games - and it doesn't take anyone smarter than a 5th grader to possibly consider that Little's presence had something to do with at least the last 4 of their last six games on the sched last season, even in the close loss to Tennessee. Anyone who watches Little knows he adds a powerful presence to Kentucky and lightening speed and he has to game planned for, and if a season long healthy Little is on tap this season and an improved defense, I'm expecting Little to average 20+ carries a game. At least the kid should, and I'm a bit pissed off that I waited an hour and half+ in line for Woodson's autograph and came up empty when I probably could have gotten his. But what do you do, like it's been said, Woodson's the cover boy this year. And it bids well for Little this year too, Joker Phillips is hoping for some long drives to rest his defense this upcoming season …

I'd like that number to be 175, 180 yards a game rushing. One thing we had to rely on last year was big plays. I'd like to have some 14-, 15-, 16-play drives. Then our defense can sit over there and drink Gatorade.

That's what I'm sayin'.

LIVEBLUE

No comments: