Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Blog Interview: Wildcats Thunder

Wildcats Thunder is probably … well IT IS the best forum covering Kentucky sports on the Internet. So good are the people there I don't even mess visiting other boards and it definitely makes AOL's UK message board look juvenile. But that's my opinion, if I were you, I'd go check out Wildcats Thunder Forum for yourself, then go check out the member-backed blog they have which is always full of insight and opinion - Wildcats Thunder Blog.

Wildcats Thunder was conceived by three geniuses in my opinion because they know how to run a message board in a professional and mature manner, Bigdaddy, Wrath, and Catmancando. I've talked with Bigdaddy and Wrath personally on a few occasions and I have to say these guys definitely have a strong will and passion to provide Kentucky related news and commentary to the average fan. Thunder Forum is a great place to check out news and inside info by qualified individuals who are connected with those in the know and the Thunder Blog just reiterates their passion for pushing the forum. Both great places to visit, especially once the season gets started. Wildcats Thunder is run by a great group of guys. You really couldn't meet a better staff put together on the net than at Wildcats Thunder. They are knowledgeable and insightful, and it's members bring the passion for it's beloved teams just like how Big Blue Nation is known for.

With that said, here's what Wildcats Thunder had to say in response to my 10 question interview.

1) Why did you get started with your blog/forum covering UK and has it been everything you'd hope it to be?

“Wrath, Catmancando, Fewfirstchoice & myself started Wildcats Thunder Forums to get away from some of the problems that was happening on other boards that we were members of. IMO, we felt that we could create something special for all UK fans to enjoy. We had all served as staff members before at other sites and had a little know how, the rest we learned as we went and are still learning. We had different ideas and wanted to see how they would do. We came together and decided to go for it and here we are now with over 2000 members in just over a year.

Now as for the Blog we wanted to do that to help drive our membership here at WT Forums and to offer the UK fans another way as to getting info on UK Sports. The Blog has turned into more than I thought it would and is doing great, we now receive emails asking if they can link the blog on other blog sites. The readers seem to enjoy the info that is posted there on Basketball,Football & Recruiting along with other news from the SEC or NCAA. I give credit to the WT STAFF for the success of the blog as they do most of the articles that is provided on the blog. Without them it wouldn't be going as good.”

Sktech(Staff Member):

“can't answer that one, but i sure am glad i found WT!”

2) What's your home-state and how did you become a UK fan?

“Kentucky born, Family,Tradition”

Sktech(Staff Member):

“Kentucky is my home state, born and raised, will be here until I die--hopefully!”

3) What are your expectations going into the 07-08 football and basketball campaigns this season? Care to give predictions?

“Basketball: I believe the UK can make the Sweet 16 this season and around 24-25 wins.

Football: I believe the UK can have the same record last season or maybe better with possibility of playing on News Years eve or New Years Day in a bowl game.”

Sktech(staff member):

“I expect the Cats to have a very similar season to the 2006 season. My ideal record is 7-5 with another bowl victory!”

4) Like I just had a dream where Rajon Rondo refused to give me his autograph after I coached one of his practices ... any weird and wacky dreams involving UK you care to admit to?

“Dreamed I played on the 84 team with Bowie,Turpin,Walker.”

Sktech(staff member):

“None that I can think of, only shattered dreams during Tubby's era!”

5) If you were to rate BCG on his recruiting and coaching efforts thus far, based on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, how would you rate his performance?

“Recruiting efforts a 10 with no doubt.

Coaching at others schools 9, at UK I can't rate him as he hasn't coached his 1st game at UK.”

Sktech(staff member):

“Recruiting at KY: 10+, coaching at KY: not sure yet, but at other teams looks like an 8+ to me!”

6) Andre Woodson is a Heisman Hopeful going into this season and everyone's expecting big things from the best QB in the SEC, however, in your opinion is there anyone else on the roster you think deserves being mentioned in Heisman conversations also?

“There could be, but I can't think of any.”

Sktech(staff member):

“I think the RB core could make some noise there. You also have a good returner that could get honorable mention!”

7) How many UK hats, t-shirts, and jerseys do you currently own?

“Hats 3-4

T-shirts 7-8

Jersey 0”

Sktech(staff member):

“5 UK hats, 1 tony delk jersey, 3 Kentucky t-shirts!”

8) Do enjoy playing UK on video game consoles and if so, are you currently playing? What level and how good are you? Do you think you could beat me head to head?

“When I play, Beginners, Depends”

Sktech(staff member):

“March Madness 2006, NCAA Football 2005 & 2007, and I always use UK. I currently have a QB who is a Heisman candidate! I love the Shotgun RB direct snap, so if you play me, be careful when I line up in the Shotgun!”

9) Favorite beverage and food item while watching UK play?

“I don't eat during the game, but may drink a Diet Dr. Pepper or water.”

Sktech(staff member):

“Probably Sprite Zero or Diet Rite (since I don't do alcoholic beverages, no offense to others), Gotta have me some chips or pretzels, hotwings are nice too!”

10) Name one player from the football team and basketball team who you think will have a huge season in 07-08 and state why.

“Football - Woodson, I wouldn't be surprised to a few others have a good season.


Basketball- Meeks, Jody began to come into his own late last season at the college level.”

Sktech(staff member):

“Football: Dicky Lyons, JR, It's just his time to shine! Basketball: Jodie Meeks and/or Alex Legion, no questions about it! Meeks is SO athletic, and Legion is going to be a threat in less than 2 seasons!”

Much thanks to Bigdaddy, Wrath, and Catmancando for participating in this little 10 question interview, and for Thunder staff member sktech for his contribution as well.

LINKS

· Wildcats Thunder
· Wildcats Thunder Blog

LIVEBLUE

No comments: