Sunday, August 26, 2007

Woodyard Played Tecmo Yo!

This Sunday Morning via the Brett Dawson of the Courier-J, I was treated not so much by the article but by the player survey asking a selected number of Cats who was their favorite QB to watch growing up. While Marino and Favre popped up, Randall Cunningham came up twice, and from the lips of Wesley Woodyard, he loved to play him in Tecmo Bowl.

“I would run with him on Tecmo Bowl, and then to see him on TV, it was great. I was little, and I didn't know too much about the game of football, but I knew something about Randall Cunningham. He could run and make plays.”

Yo, here's something sick to think about: At the time when I was into Tecmo Bowl (no one could beat me), I was around, what, maybe 15, 16 years old. That puts Woodyard around and estimated 5 or 6 years old. Imagine a 6 year old Woodyard playing Tecmo Bowl. That's a sick sight.

In fact Tecmo Bowl wasn't the only game I played during the pre-Madden era. Here are some others which you might remember:

· Sports Talk Football

· Joe Montana Football

· Super Play Action Football


(Super Play Action Football with the famous diagonal field play)

· Tecmo Bowl

LIVEBLUE

No comments: