Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Quotes: Rotnei Clark

In contrast to the Leonard Washington interview quotes, Rotnei Clark paid a visit on the Sports Mob the other day and well, he was full of quotes, and I came away with the impression that this kid is grounded in the right direction whatever choice he makes. I'd love to have a kid like him playing for Kentucky. He could be our next Patrick Sparks, and with a name like Rotnei, people ain't gonna forget you especially if you back it up on the court. As far as the Sports Mob interview? Well, Rotnei ‘Rocked thee’. As long as KSR keeps feeding me MP3 goodies like this, you'll see more posts like this. Again, much thanks to Matt Jones and the Sports Mob for making this available for fans like you and me. Here's the quotes …

How'd The Visit Go, Yo?
“When I got there I just felt welcomed. I mean by the fans, by the coaches, but I was amazed by the fan base there, by how they welcomed all the recruits. I was a great deal. I went around campus and saw Rupp Arena. I was just pretty blown away by the whole experience. It was a great vist.”

Pre-mature Autographs?
“It made all the recruits feel real special you know. I knew one player there, KC, he plays on our team and he was talking about how crazy it is. It was a crazy experience. We had a lot of kids and guys asking for autographs. It was fun.”

Texas-Connection to UK
“It's just an easy attraction. Going there walking around campus and seeing all the facilities. I can see how everybody's getting attracted to it. It's an easy thing to get attracted to.”

What You Do, Man?
“Well, when I got to the airport we had an itinerary set up for me which told what I was going to be doing everyday and told me what hours I'll be doing it, so that was good. We followed the itinerary. I walked in and of course met the coaches I hadn't met yet. I went down to the practice facilities and saw Rupp Arena the first day and looked around a little bit, watched the players play and kinda hung out with them that night then the next day I actually went to Windstar Farm and saw all the Derby horses and then walked around campus and looked at a bunch of buildings like the Athletics dorm and the wildcat lodge and stuff like that and then watched the players play again and then I was flying out Sunday. Like I said, it was a great experience. Good visit.”

Whatchyer Game, Yo!
Well, definitely one of my strengths is shooting. I think I've been known in my earlier years of high school is just a shooter but I think I've evolved more of my game. It's just gone to the next level I think. I can do more things now, I'm not just one dimensional, I can get to the hole. I got a pretty nice floater that helps me out with my size. I got a midway game too, so I think theres a lot of things I've improved on I've developed so I'm not one-dimensional.”

Did Billy Say You Gonna Play?
“We talked about that a little bit. They said he {DeAndre Liggins} was more of a, he could be a 1, 2, or 3 and we'd probably switch off a little bit. I'd run a little point, he'd run a little point and switch off and not really have a true point guard, but they said he's more of a slasher and getting people their shots, so that sounds like someone I can really work with.”

Willie Warren To Baylor?
“Very shocked at first. I called him and he answered the phone screaming 'Yes, Yes, it's true!'. I heard it from somebody else. I was just shocked. I had to ask him. I thought he was kidding around but I guess that was his choice. I guess he felt right about it but that doesn't affect my decision either way. I mean I was going into his decision looking like if we were to go to the same college, that's cool, but if not I'm gonna make my own decision. It's not the end of the world if we don't end up at the same college, so that's not going to affect my decision at all.”

Time Frame?
My time frame was kinda cut the list way down in July. Maybe a top 3, top 5, and then go from there, but I don't know, if it's something to where I know where I'm going for sure and it's where I need to be in my heart cause I gotta let God guide me to that decision for me, and if that's somewhere I need to be then I'll make that choice early. I'm gonna let my heart speak to me and let God lead me in that way.”

Worried About Spot On Any Schools?
“… if somebody is really looking at me hard, I think they'd be a little patient on me if they really wanted me that bad you know, but I think on the other side I do need to maybe speed the process up a little bit just in case you know … I guess it goes both ways.”

How Ya Feeling Man, Being Recruited By Top Schools?
“That's a good thing. I never thought I'd have it this way. I take it as a blessing from God. I think He's put me in this position for a reason so I can reach out to everyone I can …”

Play With Players, Whatcha Think Bout The Players
“I was scheduled to [play with players] but I didn't end up playing. They look impressive. They got a couple guards I think are really really good. I mean Ramel Bradley - he's gonna be real good. Jodie Meeks, that young guard, he looks really really good. They got some talent and I guess they got Patrick Patterson which that's a down low threat, so they look really solid from what I was watching.”

LIVEBLUE

No comments: