Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday Night Video Music Pick

Another week (off week) wraps up here at the Wildcat Blog and tonight's video music picks (2) reflect the somber mood I've had since hearing what happened at Virginia Tech on Monday. I hope that you, too, have a wonderful Saturday night and are having an excellent weekend. Until next Saturday night's picks, the Wildcat Blog wishes those of you affected by the Virginia Tech tragedy have someone close to help you through the tough times. May God Bless you. Have a great Saturday night.

Metallica, Nothing Else Matters

So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart …



Here is what the week was like among my favorite blogs,

A Sea of Blue

·
(Fri) Truz discredits the Randolph Morris Loophole - there's an argument out there that's saying that college kids may start doing what Morris did, declare for the draft then back out and come back to college, and allow them to avoid rookie pay and pick the team he plays for. - I agree with Truz, it's full of imperious crap. It's a good read.

· (Tue) JL Blue offers his condolences for those affected by the Virginia Tech tragedy, and he also offers a very understandable piece on Tubby Smith. I still am a Tubby supporter and will always be, and please correct me if I'm wrong (JL Blue), but I get the feeling that JL has came to the point where he understands why some fans wanted him gone, which was the point I came to shortly after BG took over. It's ok to support Tubby while also coming to a genuine understanding of what Tubby's shortcomings were and why so many wanted him out. Tubby will always be a good coach to me though, and I'm already convinced that Gillispie will be even better than he (well, I'm strongly optimistic). It's one of JL's best pieces of late, so go read it if you haven't.

· (Thur) Thursday Truz put together a day-long recruiting update which included a link that reminded us that it was Ashley Judd's B-Day! I should've been on top of that but Ashley's kinda been out of the news lately so I've kinda let it slip by me.

Fire Rich, Nahhh

·
(Wed) From the guys who give you Fire Tubby and Fire Billy .com's, Fire Rich .com gave a shout out to me for my find of the Kentucky football team singing the UK Fight song in the locker room after beating Georgia, so I gladly return the favor, and hey thanks for link and kind words! You Rock!

Wildcats Thunder

·
(Mon) Big Daddy from Wildcats Thunder posts an anonymous poem written about the legendary Cawood Ledford. It's a nice read if you like that sort of prose. (WCB loved it!).

· (Mon) Lwcat from Wildcats Thunder posts one of the first evaluations of Gillispie's first 10 days. Nice read.

· (Tue) Bigdaddy on Tuesday was right on top of UK's newest coaching hires, Jeremy Cox and Glynn Cyprien.

· (Wed) Bigdaddy noted the NCAA's interest in banning text messaging, and I gave my thoughts on it the Monday before.

· (Thur) Then on Thursday, Fewfirstchoice from WildcatsThunder posted up his comprehensive recruiting thoughts including a mention of a mystery recruit in the fold. Interesting stuff, go take a look at it.

Kentucky Sports Radio

·
(Mon) Rob Gidel spelled out the five hottest names in Kentucky recruiting.

· (Tue) Matt Jones writes about the passing of Mike Brent who wrote for the Cats Pause and also writes that Patrick “please come to LexingtonPatterson is blogging for Slam Magazine online.

· (Wed) On Wednesday it was all about Big Woo! And he didn't disappoint either. Woo rocked the airwaves and gave Gregg Doyel a conscience check. I offered my thoughts.

· (Thur) KSR's Rob Gidel hands out Spring Practice Awards while thinking it to be ridiculous if Wildcat patrons were to not show up Saturday for the annual scrimmage at Commonwealth. I don't know, a day's drive just to see a scrimmage and then another day's drive back home, I better get special media credentials for the event, but fans in Lexington should fill the stadium. Expectations are high this year, I'd be surprised if there was a low turn out on Saturday.

· (Thur) Gerry DiNardo wonders why athletes who play with integrity and character don't get the media praise that players receive after admitting, in this instance, to smoking pot. I'm not sure I 100% agree with everything he says, I mean, I don't think Ricky Williams was glorified at all by the media, but DiNardo does make a nice interesting point: “What about all the players who told the truth and really don't use drugs? Are they glorified? You don't hear much about them.”. There does seem to be more forgiveness (aside from RW for example) to athletes who come out and honestly admit their wrong doings before being caught than there are of those praised in the media for their clean and honest career.

· (Thur) Matt Jones gives his two week overview of the Billy Clyde (I prefer Giddyup) Era.

· (Fri) Can't end a Friday any better than hearing rumors of seeing Kentucky's staff and ‘all of a sudden’ available Alex Legion eating together in a restaurant here and here. Good stuff. :::texting Matt Jones::: crap, wait, there's strange men in trench coats with the NCAA Logo on their front pockets following me. That text is going to have to wait.

Sportz

·
(Mon) Sportz posts the vid of Tim Duncan laughing and getting tossed. Look at Duncan's face, he's totally dumbfounded. LoL.

Fire Billy

·
(Wed) I really love the guys at Fire Billy (and FireTubby & FireRich), but this is pretty funny and serious at the same time. On Wednesday Fire Billy could've used a mathematician. I rank coaches on the elementary level, overall and head to head wins. I like things simple.

AOL Fanhouse

·
(Mon, Tue, Thur) Fanhouse's Nick Dallamora is actually a student at Virginia Tech. He was actually in class Monday when he received an email alerting him of ‘a shooting incident’ earlier that morning. Dallamora goes on to write four posts on the Fanhouse throughout the week about the awful tradegy that ocurred. Interesting pieces by Dallamora and I thank him for it. Check out his columns #1, #2, #3, and #4.

Well there's this week's recap of the blogs that I religiously follow. Until next time …

Simple Minds, Don't You Forget About Me



HOKIEHOPE
LIVEBLUE

No comments: