Monday, April 2, 2007

UK Hockey: Cool Cats Have Their Own Site

Eye, Yi, Yi, Woo! Dust me off and spank me red!

When I came across the beautiful pic of Alison List, it was the first time since the NHL went on strike several years ago that my blood pumped for more hockey. Do you blame me?

I've always wondered why when looking at UK Athletics for Kentucky's hockey team there was no link for it until I dug a little further and found that they have their own site!

Yeah, apparently Kentucky's hockey team this season made the post season for the first time in many years, ranked as a 6 seed but got knocked out by who other than, you guessed it, Florida, on Feb. 17th.

Now I'm still fairly new at college level hockey - I used to follow the NHL, and I used to follow the ECHL [East Coast Hockey League], I can thank the most recent NHL Lockout for my declining enthusiasm for the sport - and I don't know much about the college rules compared to minor or pro league rules, but who really cares when you have Miss USA Tara Conner donning your school's jersey? That alone is reason enough for me to open at least one eye back upon the ice. I'm really not this shallow, honestly, but hockey's reputation in America really is that bad of shape.

Back to Kentucky's Hockey Site, there's everything you need to know from History to recruiting … even all the way to the lovely ladies the University of Kentucky has chosen to throw on the now ever-so lucky UK Hockey jerseys I'd love to own one day.

From Tara Conner to Ashley Judd, I'm now a full fledge University of Kentucky Hockey supporter!

Eye, Yi, Yi, Woo!

Go Blue!

No comments: