Monday, April 16, 2007

Where's The Humor Man?

Now I like KSR because they're practically the only fan-driven Kentucky site that has the inside track to Kentucky sports, aside from media sites. They get interviews, have legit sources, at least seem to, and well, they make a living following and talking about Kentucky, so yeah, it's a darn pretty good site to go to if you're a Kentucky fan.

Last week, I noted how Matt Jones hated Morning Radio because of songs like Gillispie. I on the other loved the parody because that's what a parody is all about, making fun of the original.
Well today I find that Matt Jones has found a better parody, about Gillispie, and I listened to the song, and honestly for me, I'm just going to have to accept that Matt Jones and I have a different opinion when it comes to parody humor because one minute into Billy G's Town I found myself in a blanketed stare and I had to shake my head, come to my senses, and turn the darn thing off.

Don't get me wrong, it is a parody, yes, and it's nice and pretty good. Good song, but it's not funny. The point of putting a parody together is to make fun of the original tune in a humorous way, I mean, Billy G's Town didn't do that for me, they minds as well just created a new song if that's their idea of a parody. Parodies to me have to at least make me smile and shake my head in shame, and Billy G's Town didn't make me do that. Nice song though.

What do you think? Billy G's Town or G-I-L-L-I-S-PIE? Leave your vote in the comments below.

LIVEBLUE

No comments: