Friday, May 11, 2007

Don't Pout, Got Couch?

Let him work out for you, you pesky, greedy, insincere NFL GM's & Head Coaches out there.

I will probably forever have strong negative feelings with the Browns' front office for the way they handled Tim Couch, you know basically the way they just kicked him to the curb after treating him like damaged goods. And yes, that's their right I suppose. The NFL has become more of a(n) *** Business than athletic entertainment the way it used to be back in the 80's when I first started following the league (excuse my French, I have no degree).

According to Couch's Wikipedia infor-mative page, Couch suffered from a shoulder injury, nagging league injuries and of course the broken leg at the end of the 2002 season which ultimately led to the Browns dumping him like spoiled milk. His last attempt at a comeback into the league, and his last action on the field, was the pre-season with the Green Bay Packers in 04, Go Pack Go!, however it was his rotator cuff which kept him off the field, off a roster, and led to shoulder surgery in Feb 2005.

In fact, Tim, Ain't Lyin In A, Couch is attempting one last let me show you what I got comeback into the NFL after having a second surgery on his shoulder last June and hopes to be trying out for teams as soon as June of this year.

Couch talks about giving it one more run,

“I had two shoulder surgeries, and I'm going to give it one more run at getting back in the league. I still feel like I have some good years left in me, and I'm going to give it one more shot.”

Couch, who will turn 30 this July and the newly inducted 2007 class member of the Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame, shouldn't be all that disappointed though should he fail to land on an NFL roster this year, although The Wildcat Blog wishes him the very best. I mean, life really can't be all that bad when you're married to a former Playboy Playmate huh?


That's Heather Kozar, Playboy's 1999 Playmate of the Year.

But we do hope that Couch finds a place for himself in the NFL!

Good Luck Tim!

LIVEBLUE

No comments: