Saturday, May 12, 2007

No Cover Charge, Come As You Are

Saturday Night Video Music Pick, Episode 5

My favorite posts from my favorite UK blogs

Toby Keith
, I Love This Bar



First up tonight's recap will be much more selective than recapping what most Kentucky Blogs have posted during the week. At some point I have to be, however I suggest seriously if you haven't already to bookmark these sites because they bring it every week with their own spin on UK news.

A Sea of Blue

· As if we Kentucky fans have to put up with the majority of the national media calling UK fans irrational and spoiled, these guys are already jumping on the bashing Billy G wagon. So soon don't ya think?

Punks.

· With that said above, Truz, who I'm beginning to really like to read for his intelligent UK commentary (I mean I sure don't bring it), does a little bashing of his own. I'm with ya man. I'm freakin' with ya.

· JL speaks up and reminds us to relax a little from what all the naysayers are saying about us. It's quicker when you have a bottle of vodka and some margarita mix though.

· The only Pitino curse I ever knew of was when his name sounded like Petrino(sp?).

Kentucky Sports Radio

· Beas Hamga and Tyle Zeller interviews. Suh-weet.

· Meet your new UK assistant coach lyp syching to a girly song. Please tell me they had chicks in that room.

· Ashley Judd graduates UK, but the heck with that, just go here to see another hot pic of her. Trust me when I say, thank you Intern!

· Dude, Woo Radio is the best thing since the invention of mixed peanut butter and jelly spread. Go check out Woo Radio #3 (#3 right?).

· Ten bucks Donovan doesn't stay in college long enough to amount to a tenth of what Adolph Rupp means to us. Cash up the ying yang talks man and I'm beginning to believe that Billy Donovan is just waiting to coach an NBA team that's at least decent already to contend for playoffs rather than having to rebuild one. I mean if someone offered you MORE than 5 mil a year what the heck would you do? Don't lie.

Wildcats Thunder

· Is Hamga a UK lean? Let's just say, I hope he visits UK.

· Here's some UK football prospects from Messenger.

· And here's a nice piece by Messenger breaking down the Billy G situation as it stands currently. Great post!

Carrie Underwood, Wasted



Go visit Fire Billy just cause. If you haven't already then do so now because I have a feeling once Hoops season approaches the guys running this site will be awakened with freshness that only Fire Billy can provide!

Fire Rich seems to adore Tim Couch as much as I do. In fact, they're the only ones if I'm not mistaken to at least acknowledge Couch's induction to the Kentucky Athletics Hall of Fame. Great work guys.

If it wasn't for A Sea of Blue I wouldn't have never known about this next new site in the UK Blogosphere so much thanks to Truz and JL because they really spend more time than I obviously scanning the web for new content, but this next site I hope stays up because it potentially can be GREAT …

UK Bias shows us an instance of ESPN hatin' on Playshaun when he dunked on Rasheed.

Haterz!

Well that's it for tonight folks. Every week I try and save the best UK Blogposts I come across and give them back to you AGAIN every Sat. night.

Hope you enjoy this.

Oh Yeah, BTW, this next link I give to you because I love you and it would be a dishonor to my own readers if I don't share this vid if you haven't seen it already.

PAUL BROGAN is a genius. Who is Paul Brogan? He's just this guy who has this sweet parody melody of his favorite NBA Players. I didn't put the vid on here because near the end he shows a partial picture of a male body part. Sorry, that's just the way I am, however, if that doesn't offend then you HAVE TO GO see this vid. This my friends is the true definition of a music parody. Enjoy.

LIVEBLUE

3 comments:

Christopher Johns said...

Thanks for the link. I'll add you to the UK Bias Blogroll.

lady gray said...

hey there! the paul brogan video is awesome...

however, the picture is of a thumb and a ruler... no male body parts. well, i guess guys have thumbs, but it's not a... well, you know.

you should post it, with a "thumb, not a....(you know)" disclaimer.

:)

Anonymous said...

LoLz! Hey Christopher, thanks for the link, and I love the idea for your blog ... hope you keep it up.

Michele, you have no idea how stupid I feel this am! I went back to watch the vid again, and yes, it's a pic of someone's thumb nail on a ruler. Brogan is very cleverish! He FOOLED ME! Thanks for filling me in on that, I'm seriously that stupid sometimes.

:::this is Kobe's shot, this is Kobe's shot, this is his, this one's his, this is Kobe's shot!:::