Saturday, May 5, 2007

Just, Just, Just Think About It!

Your Saturday Night Video Music Pick(s), episode 4

Limp Bizkit, Re-Arranged

(You think that everybody's the same, I don't think that anybody's like you …)




It's funny how things seem to be going great for you then something so suddenly brings you back to earth. Not anything worse than a funeral can do that to you which I'm still trying to recover from, I mean three in seven years has put its toll already on my mind, so mentally I'm not sure I can take another one ever again. Ahh, but I guess that's life, we live and we learn, pay our respects and try to live a better life in memory of those we love. I just know God is good, through good and tough times. He's picked me up more than once and each time I experience a bit more of His greatness. Not that I want tonight to sound like a sermon or something, hey if you don't believe in God then just skip on down to the vids and recaps, I'm not trying to shove my faith on anyone, I'm just kinda recapping my thoughts for the past couple weeks. God is love, yall, and I thank Him for my life and for the many readers that come here whether through via my fellow UK blog sites (friends, as I like to refer them to because we blog about a common theme) or whether you just happened to accidentally stumble across this thing, thanks for coming and reading.

So now since I've basically haven't kept up with my favs for a couple weeks, sorry guys, I'm going to try and recap for you some of their best posts over the week or so in the best way I know how, and if you read these before, then, enjoy the vids, and if you don't enjoy the vids, well, it's Saturday night man, go out and have a drink, go mudsliding or something, what you doin reading re-runs?

Marilyn Manson, Beautiful People

(Hey you, what do you see! Somethin' beautiful, somethin' free!)




Kentucky Sports Radio

(Last Sat) Making fun of Coach. Watch Wesley Woodyard and Keenan Burton make fun of Rich Brooks. Thank you Matt Jones!

(Mon) Beas Hamga Emerges. Monday KSR reported that Hamga is looking to Kentucky for a possible 07 land.

(Tue) What Will Jai Do?. Tuesday KSR's Rob Gidel puts together a team by team analysis of Lucas' potential picks. Nice read.

(Tue) Woo Radio, it's Woo-tastic!. Also on Tuesday, KSR came with yet another edition of Woo Radio, a MUST-HEAR event along with Sheray Thomas, and also the debuted effort of “sports-mobbing” the stream live on the net at the zone. Well done guys, we all appreciate it, especially those of us outside the local area. Keep it coming!

(Thur) On Thursday, KSR informs us of Shagari Alleyne's decision to enter the NBA draft but most impressive of the post is the similarity I never knew that Alleyne had with Shaggy.

And then MJones gives us a reason to hate Duke fans even more. Doodie fans, IBS everywhere. Get it? Doodie=IBS … I B.S.? (ok, that was stupid).

(Fri) And finally, on Friday, don't forget to check out the Intern's, comprehensive betting tips on today's Kentucky Derby (a little late now, I know). The Wildcat Blog takes Scat Daddy.

Smashing Pumpkins, Tonight, Tonight

(Believe, believe in me, believe, believe …)




A Sea of Blue

(Sun) Truz puts together another one of his great daily happenings and updates throughout which included a link to an interview between he and Larry Vaught which also included this Morris quote after being asked if he enjoyed his three years at Kentucky than some people want to believe:

“I loved my time at Kentucky. I really did. I would have loved to have come back for my senior year, but there were so many reasons to leave, especially after coach Smith left. I loved being a Wildcat, and it is nice to be able to give back any way that I can.”

(Mon) Truz defines what a “ must-get” truly is which includes in my opinion possibly one the greatest Billy Gillispie quotes we'll ever hear …

“The kinds of guys you want to look for are the tallest, fastest, best shooting, and quickest guys you can find, that is what we are going to look for.”

(Thur) Truz tells us of an article which is critical of Billy G's recruiting of Pettigrew. My opinion: There's always gonna be haters out there.

(Fri) Truz survived his mini-meltdown after his confidence got restored by the reactions to his fear the gator post. YO THIS BE UK TRUZ, BIG BLUE NATION IN DA HOWWWWSE! BILLY D BETTER CHECK HIMSELF FIVE MORE TIMES BEFORE COUNTING HIS RINGS; TWO MORE TIMES IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO BE FAIR. Oh yeah, thanks for the link! You rock!

(Fri) JL Blue confesses to lacking in the coverage department of the UK football team. Hey, that's been somethin' I've been guilty of also and will try too, to do a better job of covering because I do love the f-ball team!

Radiohead, Creep

(… you're just like an angel, your skin makes me cry, you float like a feather in a beautiful world, I wish I was special, you're so very special …)




Wildcats Thunder

(Sat) Messenger provides a nice analysis of the current state of Kentucky hoops recruiting which honestly helped me better focus the mental image of it in my mind. As you might be able to tell, Gillispie has been so active with recruiting that if you miss a week of news, you've really fallen behind.

(Sun) Messenger points to Mitch Barnhart for the change in Kentucky. Hmm, a legit question, has Mitch Barnhart received the due credit for bringing in Gillispie?

(Tue) Bigdaddy informs us that Bill Keightly will be (has been) inducted into the Kentucky Athletics Hall of Fame.

(Tue) Does Billy G have a realistic shot at landing all three: Hamgas, Patterson, & Lucas? Fewfirstchoice explains it directly from his sources.

(Wed) Bigdaddy posts a cool vid on UK's Hoops History. Great vid!

(Fri) And on Friday, AMH rejoices with a nice piece celebrating UK's return to the recruiting game.

Pearl Jam, Black

(I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning, how quick the sun can drop away …)




Fire Billy

(April 25) This is why I love the Fire Billy Franchise. Stories like this where Billy Gillispie takes a weekend to partake in a lil sumfin sumfin called the LG National Texting Championships. Hey I haven't been able to confirm the story through the links provided, but I don't know, I kinda can see Billy G doin somethin like this. Hey a reputation for having quick fingers can be a very good thing.

(April 27) This next post by Fire Billy is about Tubby Smith and how he's said that he won't add any more players to the roster at Minnesota, however that's not why I linked to this. I linked to this because of the pic. I think I crapped my pants.

(Thur) And lastly, you can't end your weekend without at least checking out how much a piece of Memorial Coliseum history is worth. As of 5:15pm est Saturday, how about $81.

Depeche Mode, Enjoy The Silence

(Pleasures remain, so does the pain, words are meaningless and forgettable …)




More:

Smashing Pumpkins, Disarm | Zero

Poison, Every Rose Has It's Thorn | Somethin' To Believe In

Well that's it for tonight. May you all have a wonderful weekend, didn't lose that much on the Derby, and not too much alcohol.

Again, if you have a Kentucky blog you think I should look at, drop me a line and I'll include it in my favorites every Sat. night. I want to create a good list of Big Blue Nation Blogs. Until next Saturday, keep the faith alive wildcat fans. If for some reason I didn't include your blog in the run down recap tonight, please accept my sincere apologies, I've been way behind on things lately. And oh yeah, Matt Jones, you talk too loud on the radio man. J/k.

LIVEBLUE

No comments: