Sunday, May 27, 2007

Me and Bradley, We Ball Like Ballers Do

Saturday Night Video Music Pick, episode 6

Tonight's episode features a little ASoB, a side dish of UK Bias, and a little Wildcats Thunder, and little story about how me and Ramel Bradley balled together and tore the court uuuuuuuuuup yo! Seriously, it was awesome for as long as it lasted. Those kids we played against didn't have a chance!

But first, here's your May 26th edition of the Wildcat Blog's Saturday Night Video Music Pick, enjoy.

The other day I was riding in the car and a song by Avril Lavigne came on, not the song you're about to hear, and it kinda brought me back a few years remembering some rough times as we all have from time to time. Then out of curiosity, I search for her on YouTube (everything's on YouTube man) and I found this song … and I just got caught in the moment man. The song rocks, and this version is probably one of the best acoustic versions of any song ever. Hope you like my pick.



First off this week, a couple of new blogs I've got my eyes on. Go Big Blue Cats I found through The Sports Guys which I found through oddly enough the search engine Google and not through others' blogrolls. But I'm always the last to know about these things man. I'm slow, but I'm willing to recycle news. I'm cool like that, yo. Interesting enough, the first celebrity Giddyup news of the year and it involves his autograph. Matt from TSG's is actually on the faculty staff as I understand, and believe you not, I hope Matt gives us more inside goodies on the campus of UK. I love stuff like this.

Wildcat Heaven has a cool piece on how Patrick Patterson might be Gillispie's Jamal Mashburn. Well, premature to say, however, if he does end up a UK star WH looks good. Give me a season and a half before I come to such a declaration, but I hope he's that good.

Wildcats Thunder has busted open a summer feature where they break down classic UK games from the past with the full game on YouTube! The full game. Did I mention the full game on YouTube? Dudes over at WT are cool like that. They have arguably the best freakin' archives of photos/games/announcing/ - UK related - on the net. These guys are true fans of Kentucky, so go to Wildcats Thunder and be a member and get all classic goodies your 500 gig computer can eat up! Oh yeah, about the game they bring back for us, this week they gave us LSU/UK, you know, the 31 point comeback win the Wildcats own on those kids in Baton Rouge. Suh-weet! Oh and since lately the Kentucky hate has been a hot button issue with me and others, Wildcats Thunder has noticed a little negativity from one of our own. Again, I'd rather hear a blogger's opinion than someone I know who is working for a media outlet to offer their opinion.

I don't know what else more I can say about ASoB other than they bring it every week more consistently than any blog I know of in the UK Blogosphere. They're the BlogFather of the UK blogosphere. I bow down to them in fear (I'm kidding, the only thing I fear is Rick Pitino dressed up in a Superman outfit drinking margaritas and showing up at Rupp Arena at the top of the rafters on Big Blue Madness claiming to have found a cure for premature NBA coaching gigs: Is Donovan reading this blog by chance?). With that said, I just want to say this to the guys at ASoB: You Like Me, You Really, Really Like Me?. No, seriously, if I ever meet anyone from this UK Blogosphere, it'd have to be Truz and JL, and Truz, I'd give you a man hug for that post 'cause that's the only, only way I can be cool like that. Thanks, and thanks for linking to my Poll, I haven't seen that much action (on my blog, on my blog) in that short of time ever.

JL Blue also posts a vid of Derek Anderson posterizing Louisville. I said it was good like shoving a cheesecake in your mouth. Now that I've seen it again, it's like shoving another cheesecake in your mouth with cherry toppings. Mmmm Mmmm good, yo! JL Blue is cool like that.

And lastly, and honestly, KSRadio has been pretty boring last week, although I should be ashamed but I haven't had time to listen in to the sports mob so I guess I don't have room to complain, but they've slowed down since the spring signing period has ended. They do have their nice recruiting notes from time to time, and frankly they're the best at it and I can't honestly keep up with who's who's where's where's.

However the guys at Kentucky Sports Radio did treat us to links to Woo dancing like a 70s Freak. Yo, whoever did that: it was off da hook! Please teach me. Not to mention that they gave us sweet links to Ashley Judd clips (all links courtesy of this link). Dude, just to hear Ashley Judd say my name, I'd think I'd … let's move on shall we? Oh yeah, and Marc Maggard gives us two interviews with UK recruits which are a good read (I want more WOO Wadio): Greg Monroe and Willie Warren. That's like a tall glass of iced tea, Lipton style, and chewing a whole pack Wrigley's Double Mint Gum all at once. Thanks guys.

Me And Bradley, We Owned The Court!

By now you're probably wondering what's this about me and Bradley showing our skills off. Well, it did happen. Really. Honestly. In a dream I had the other night. It was the most crazy, ridiculous piece of a dream that when I woke up from it, I found myself acting out what I was dreaming. Yo, I'm a true baller, that's why I'm cool like that. Let me explain.

So the setting was at some high school gym for one of my middle school basketball games. I don't remember who or why or when, it really doesn't matter, but I do remember my middle school coach and some of my preppy girly girl teammates, you know the guys who would starch their button up long sleeve shirts and wear them with the collar up, talk about a childhood crisis. Anyways, so we're starting the game and my coach starts calling out those of us who are going to start, and of course you know, he calls my name cause I ball like that you know. So I walk onto the court to face our opponent, and here is where you know it's a dream because there was no tip off, I started the game by throwing it in from out of bounds. Next thing I knew I realized Ramel Bradley was on my team and he was pushin the ball up court. He passed the ball to me and we ran a few set plays, and I'd give the ball back to him and he makes a three. He pointed to me and I pointed right back at him. We stole the ball on the next series and Bradley took the ball, everyone covered him, leaving me open for a layup which I gladly accept and swished. We went on a 12-2 run when Bradley and I started taking over the show before coach took us out of the game because we started missing some shots and not sharing the ball. Bradley and I were unstoppable. He'd pass to me, I'd pass right back to him, he'd hit the three, then he'd dish back to me for an easy bucket. It was sweet until we missed some shots and were sitting on the bench. We sat there for about five minutes and I remember I was beginning to tear up because I wanted to be in the game, then coach put me and Bradley back into the game. I inbounded the ball and I underhanded it and it bounced to some other teammate and he missed the ball and it went out of bounds. Turnover. I turned to look at my coach and I pointed at my chest and said “that's my bad, that's my bad coach, that's my bad”. After that Bradley stole the ball on the next possession, I ran down to the low post trifecta line - wide open - Bradley drove and kicked it out to me and I sank the trey and I did a little dance skipping down the court. It was sweet. The dream pretty much ended like that with Bradley and I sinking shots from outside the trifecta line back and forth. We shared the ball. Every other trip to the basket was our turn to shoot the trey, and Bradley and I were best friends yo. Best freakin' friends ever. We were ballers who couldn't be stopped. We tore up that group of 12 year old middle schoolers so bad that the crowd was chanting forfeit.

I don't know how much I scored, I don't even know how much Bradley scored, but I do know that when I woke up from this beat down on middle schoolers who wish they could've played half as well as Bradley and I played, I woke up with my hands in the air, yo! Hands in the air. Hands in the air.

I'm cool like that.

Enjoy the closing vid



LIVEBLUE

No comments: