Thursday, May 10, 2007

This, My Friends, Should Disturb You

Billy Gillispie has made typhoons curl up and dissipate compared to the impact he's already made in Kentucky's recruiting. In fact, I'd be afraid to shake the guy's hand in fear he might take over telepathically and force me to march to Louisville and beg Pitino to let me volunteer to be his gopher boy. Billy G is the man. Right?

However, honestly we all have only seen half his talents. Sure we've heard what he can do, unless you're an A&M fan, then you've seen and are pissed already. Understandable, but for a true assessment of what Billy G will be like at Kentucky we really have to wait a full season huh? What's he going to be like on the sideline, how is he really going to treat his players once pressure to win is riding up his back ready to force him into a decision he might regret? We haven't seen that yet, and I'm kinda anxious to witness that moment when it comes. No doubt he's got the personality to get the kids to love him, but once it's time to get serious, THAT'S what I want to see if Billy G can do in Lexington what he's done in TEXAS. Call me middle of the road optimistic. I like Billy G, just haven't seen enough of him for a true opinion.

With that said, this is not why I'm writing this post. As reported by Wildcats Thunder and KSR, Billy G, heading the Kentucky fa-chizzi, has hired an assistant, or staffer, or what is quite a fact, a former Texas A&M hoops baller, Chris Walker.

Now I suspect Billy G knows what he's doing, I mean, I'm just a blogger who has no idea what recruiting or coaching is all about though I try to follow it, so I'm not going to question Billy G's efforts and decisions to do what he sees fit.

HOWEVER, I will question this (thanks Matt Jones) …



Now this I give all my lifetime Kudos to Matt Jones because he posted this vid before anyone cared. Well, now we care. According to Matt, the Chris Walker Billy G just hired is the guy standing up at the very beginning of the vid lyp synching like a girly girl(now there's two guys standing at the beginning but neither guy makes a very good case for himself for this disaster). Hey, I don't know if they were drunk or not. Heck I don't even know if that's what college students do when they have no girlfriends. I don't even know if that's excuse enough for the vid. Was it a dare and three extremely hot chicks in bikini thongs just as drunk as they are behind the cameras waiting to play nekkid thumpers await? I don't know, my imagination would love to think so, but, ahem, this is all we see.

And I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm pretty sure this is one of the Gayest. Videos. Ever.

And no offense to Billy G, in the Ken-tchizzy, who just hired him on his staff. I mean we all have our embarrassing moments, just some worse than others.

Tip: In today's time, don't video yourself when your drunk or even acting like your drunk, or even if you have a personality which makes people assume you must be drunk because someday, sometime, at some point, YouTube will latch on like a tick in a very, very, very bad place … if you know what I mean.

UPDATE: The original source for the vid, Bevo Sports

LIVEBLUE

No comments: