Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Billy G Quotes And I Want Some Mo!

Before I begin, I want to give a huge shout out and thanks to Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio for putting up the MP3 audio clip on their blog of their show which consisted of the interview with Billy Gillispie. It's given me the chance to listen to it and archive in a bloggy kind of way some Billy G quotes that are pretty priceless. So without further interruption, here's your Billy G quotes …



First Quote, his reply to a question about how things have been going,

Proof is always in the puddin'.

On his thoughts on rivalry games,

I think it's more for the fans than it is for the coaches and the players.

Quotes on recruiting,

I don't think you ever get comfortable, I think when you start gettin' comfortable you start havin' problems.

It takes time to develop relationships in recruiting and usually if you have a couple of years to really develop relationships that's when you really start to see the fruit bearing.

On Patterson's 2 year plan and Gillispie's recruiting style,

You always have a plan, everyone has a plan.

Well now you're trying to get our recruiting secrets so I can't be sharin' that with you. I don't know you well enough to know you might be tellin'.

On his deciding factor to leave for Kentucky,

Twenty-four thousand everynight.

On the Joe Craft Center,

It gives you every advantage that you need in recruiting.”

And finally, On if he feels the excitement around in Lexington,

I would assume that there's been a great deal of excitement for about the past 200 years regarding this basketball program.”

And that last quote you can tell that Billy G definitely has a feel of what Kentucky basketball means.

Interesting quotes and some funny ones. My number one quote though is this one …

I don't know you well enough to know you might be tellin'.

It's a great interview, so head to Kentucky Sports Radio and go listen to it. It's worth it. Thanks Matt!

LIVEBLUE

No comments: