Saturday, June 16, 2007

Twisting And Turning You're Feeling The Burning ...

(early edition) Saturday Night Video Music Pick, episode 9



This week I decided to do a short version of the SNVMP since I'm sick yet again (sinuses), so tonight I'm picking my two favorite posts of the week per each of my favorite sites. Call it a tribute of sorts because these kids keep the UK blogosphere moving, if even at a slow pace during, well, a slow period for Kentucky and other schools. Anyways, enjoy. I'm taking a nap.

ASoB

My boy Rex Chapman is #3 on ASoB's top shooting guards. Suh-weet, and I agree he should be on the list. Scared to Live Blog because the NCAA might sue you? At least we're not alone. Much thanks for ASoB for catching this story in the beginning because it's certainly a topic that matters to those of us who passionately follow our favorite teams.

Wildcats Thunder

If there's one vid you need to see post NCAA's, it's this one. I applaud Wildcats Thunder UKcatfan33 for the excellent vid put together there. WT's Messenger also puts together a nice opinionated piece on Gillispie's last coaching hire.

Kentucky Sports Radio

I have several links to here today simply 'cause KSR has given us some goodies lately … oh and their usual insider info only available the way they deliver it. So onward my deprived members of Big Blue Nation. The Goodies!

If you ain't got Andy on your show, take your broke broke …
Andy Katz finally gains confidence and talks with the BBN. Hmmm. Hooked on Phonics werks fer me! Oh yeah, KSR makes it to the second round of the hottest sports blogger contest. I don't vote for guys. Whoever made Corey Brewer look this gay in that pic there is a genius. Thanks to that pic, now I can see him being crown drag queen. Here's a 08 list of Scout.com's ranking of list of UK recruits. Thanks! Thanks to Matt Jones, we hear that Tubby Smith told a radio station that he nearly left for the NBA three times while coaching at Kentucky. Are we supposed to be mad or sympathetic? I'm feeling like I don't care after what I've seen now what state Tubby has left UK's recruiting in (I'm still a Tubby fan, but I'd like an explanation from him about his recruiting at Kentucky). Take a look at this girl dunking. The post is titled Why you shouldn't try to dunk over a girl. My thoughts? I'd like to dunk that! (call me a pig already and get it over with, although I ain't complainin' that there's women out there doing a hot blogger's bracket contest either). And finally, 09 UK recruit DeMarcus Cousins has a website. Just don't go contacting him ok? See kids like him who are knowingly going to play college ball somewhere can have a website/Myspace, whatever, but the NCAA should dictate that they shouldn't provide a means for contacting them since stupid fans sometimes like to mess things up for the rest of us. I'd say that's a reasonable request. Remember, most these kids are around 16-18 and still in high school, so the NCAA should say to these potential college athletes who want to have a website/myspace to either make it private or don't provide a means for anyone to contact you through the website. Once in college, they can do whatever they heck they want to do with the site. It's reasonable I tell you!

Well that's it for tonight. KSR really brought the goods this week and I love them for it.

LIVEBLUE

No comments: